Monday, March 3, 2008

When One Penny Makes Me Feel Good

Wooohoo, I won a penny. Exactly one cent. $0.01

So how did I win that impressive amount of money? On a little site called updown.com. Basically its a stock trading simultation that gives you one million dollars in play money that you get to invest on how you see fit. So Susan and I signed up for it this past month. You earn money if you end up beating the stock market. The amount you win is based on how much you beat the S&P 500 by and how long you have been a member of the site.

Well, I did actually beat the market. Not that I gained money, I actually lost money over the month, just not as much money as the stock market did....LOL.

So I made one penny, and I'm pretty darn happy about it.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, I only missed it by 2%! Ha! If I'd beat it, we'd have two pennies! Which reminds me, I need to go roll the change in the Tootsie Roll bank.

BENJI said...

This Clinton lifestyle is out of control - on the fun side.

Greg said...

The joys of married life :-)

BENJI said...

I got my fingers crossed that the "bug" will hit me....;P

Susan said...

The bug has it's advantages! You just haven't lived until you've had some wild date nights at WalMart buying cereal!

Greg said...

That is the best. There are the trips to Best Buy and GameStop though....