Sunday, January 6, 2008

Can't Sleep

So I slept too late today. I slept a little past 10:30 and that means I can't go to sleep now. I finally got up because I was afraid I was keeping Susan awake. I'm not sure how she slept later than I did, took a couple of naps, and is still able to go to sleep now....

Anyway, an update on where we are at since its been a couple of days. Solitaire has been going very well the past week. I'm already at 1200 for the month, which is way ahead of where I thought I would be. Every time I think I will only average 50 dollars a day, something happens and things just seem to work, and I make a lot more than that. The exciting part of this though, means that the imaginary mortgage balance is now below 34K. Yep, folks, we are now in the 33K zone.

So anyway, why we decided to pay off the house instead of investing:

1. We want Susan to be able to stay at home whenever we have kids. Not having a mortgage will make that a much easier task to accomplish. We can live on less than 2000 a month if we don't have a mortgage payment, so that will mean living on less than 2/3rds of my income.

2. Just the security of knowing that no one can come and just take the house away because we missed a payment for whatever reason. This is just a security thing that both Susan and I feel. Just knowing that the house is paid for will be a big relief.

3. "The borrower is slave to the lender." (Proverbs 22:7) Enough said on this item.

4. Because Susan said so. Ditto.....

No comments: