Friday, October 12, 2007

House and such

So I'm getting excited that we are actually starting to get close to paying off the house. Excited enough that I have postponed the trip to Disney again.... The imaginary total (call it this because it includes the solitaire money won, but that hasn't been paid to us yet) is down below 58K today. It hit the 57Ks this morning when I was able to take out another 100 on the solitaire.

This really has me excited, and I'm also really excited about the possibility of getting a million in the bank. Yep, forget everything else, let's just skip to the million. Don't get me wrong, there is going to be celebrations all along the way, but as soon as we hit that first million, and I have no doubt we will, that will be a very good day. And then we hit the 2nd and 3rd million, that will be even better. If we can get that 3rd million in less than 20 years, I will be very very happy and will be able to retire. I have no idea if we are going to be able to make this happen, but for some reason, I truely believe we will. Just think, 3 million in the bank, 5% intrest....net 150K a year. And for what, for doing absolutely nothing, just letting money sit in an account :-)

8 comments:

BENJI said...

Just so you know, I finally sat down at a computer and found your blog. LOL. No, your mom didn't tell me, I googled Greg+blogspot+solitaire and bam there you were. So now you know heh heh heh I'm reading FREAK!

Greg said...

Ha!!!! It'll be ok....you can keep up with the progress of paying off the house...LOL

BENJI said...

Zzzzzzzzzz......Zzzzzzzzzzzz.....Wake me when it gets interesting! LOL

Greg said...

It will be a while...LOL

Greg said...

Of course, Susan and I find this very interesting, but we are probably the only ones.

BENJI said...

Of course you do, and it doesn't surprise me in the least!

Susan said...

Benji would be more interested in the fact that a girl whipped your butt playing soccer on the Wii this weekend. (And no, it wasn't me!)

Greg said...

I got her back!!!!