Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Solitaire, Poker, and Marriage

Hi. My name is Greg, I'm 34 (actually having to do the math on that one, its tough) live in Mississippi and recently got married to the most perfect woman. Ok, maybe she isn't perfect, she is perfect for me, and that's all that counts. And she has a pup. He's a bad pup though.

After reading some of the money blogs, I thought I might blog a little about myself. So you are probably thinking, what kind of title is Solitaire, Poker, and Marriage. Well, that would be the 3 ways I make money besides work. Now you are probably thinking I am crazy, but its true.

First, solitaire. There is this nice little site called World Winner where you can basically play solitaire against other people (they have a ton of other games as well, I'm just good as solitaire though) and if you are good enough, you can make some money. Don't get me wrong, most people on the site lose money, but so far year to date I've made just over 63,000 playing solitaire. Not too bad considering that is more than I make from work.....

The second doesn't really make me any money, it is just a distraction. Poker is fun, Texas Hold'em to be precise. I just love the game, it can catch my interest very quickly and pull me in. I just don't win any money doing it. I break even, pretty much all the time. I might go for days winning, and then bam, a down turn and there goes the profit.

Third, marriage. I know what you are thinking on this one, there is no way marriage can make you money. I would have to beg to differ, clearly you haven't met my wife. She can make a dollar go further than most humans can make ten dollars go. She really is amazing on the money front. When we first got married, I came into the marriage with nothing to show but 57,083.46 cents in debt. Not a pretty sight. Susan pretty much said, we'll face it together and then we can look at the 78K that she still owed on the mortgage before we got married. So a year later, a lot of Ebay and some solitaire money later, we are completely out of debt and have 59,761.83 left to go on the house. Not too shabby for just having our first year anniversary on September 30th.

So most of my updates will be about the daily results from solitaire, some will be about poker if I actually play any hold 'em on any given day, and then there is the marriage, the best part.

Anyway, so much for the first post.

4 comments:

Susan said...

You forgot the pup.

Greg said...

I posted the pup's link.....

Greg said...

There, I added the pup.

Susan said...

HE'S A GOOD PUP!