Friday, November 16, 2007

2008 Goals

Its getting fairly close to the end of the year so I'm thinking its time to go ahead with the 2008 goals or goal even....

The big one is to finish paying off the house by August. I'm saying by August because as of today, we have right at 46,000 left. I'm figuring, depending on the tax situation, that we should have 10K left in the Vanguard account to send to the mortgage which brings the balance down to 36,000. So 36K, we should be able to do at least 4K in extra payments a month, that's 9 months. One month left to go in 2007, so 8 months in 2008, August...tada!!!! If WW keeps their schedule on Survival Tournaments, there should be either 4 or 5 more Survival Tournaments left. If I keep on doing as well in them as I have been (averaging right around 4000 per tournament), that would be 16K in just Survival Tournaments. Add that to the other 2000 minimum we have been sending in extra payments per month (comes out to 18K), those 2 things add up to 34K, so only 2K left to come up with....LOL maybe I should be shooting for July. As long as we get it done in 2008, I will be VERY happy!!!! To think, that this time next year we will be done with the mortgage is a wonderful thought!!!!

Second goal is to have the Vanguard account at least at 30K by the end of the year.

That's it for the financial goals so far for 2008. I'm sure these will have to be readjusted at some point (hopefully upward).

No comments: