Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Random thoughts

So here it is, midnight again and for the second night in a row I'm not sleeping too well. It wasn't that big of a deal yesterday because I didn't have to go to work, so I could sleep in a little. Tonight, its a problem. I'm going to try to go back to sleep after I type this, but just thought I would type a little to try to help the sleep thing.

Boy how I wish the mortgage was done. We are getting so close, down to 46.1K now.....but it really does feel like this is taking a while. I haven't gotten any good Paypal in recently, so there has been any activity actually going to Chase. Chase still shows the balance at 50.8K. I'm now waiting on 2175 from solitaire to come in and have another 400 dollars in the checking account waiting to send once there is enough in the account to send a decent payment. I don't know why I'm getting impatient with this, I just am. The solitaire is going as good as it has been and that is probably why. I shouldn't say that, it has been going as well, its just not as easy as it use to be. I lost the final round of the survival tournament, AGAIN, so that probably has something to do with the down turn that is about to happen. I'm going to lay off the solitaire for a couple of days, just play the daily tournament and the one card tournaments and that's about it. Time to make a small amount of money on tournaments that I win everytime I play them.....

After we get done with the mortgage, the plan is to setup a rather large emergency fund in the Vanguard account, enough that if for whatever reason something happens at work, we don't have to worry about it. Once that is done, I will probably be a lot happier at work. It will be nice having that security of knowing we have money in the bank and we don't owe anything. We are living on less than 2500 dollars a month now, and with 50K in the bank, it would go a very long way. Then when we actually buy that first mutual fund, that's going to be a very nice day, not to mention the day we pay cash for the next car, and then again when we pay cash for the next house. Kind of hard to imagine having that kind of money on hand, but that is defenitely where we are headed. It will be a countdown to 5 million at that point. I'll be happy with 2 million, but right now 5 million is the goal. That would provide 20K in interest a month even at 4% interest, if we can't live off of that, something is defenitely wrong or gas has gotten way more expensive than it is right now.

Not that I'm not happy now, just there is yet another big project on the way. One that will be the biggest yet. It would appear, no final actual confirmation yet, that the grant we wrote for is probably going to be approved to the tune of 12 million dollars. And, of course, Dr. G calls me tonight and says guess what, you are going to be in charge of it. I don't want to be in charge of it....LOL. Its going to be a royal pain getting this network setup. I know a lot of the hurdles I'm going to face at UMC, I can't imagine the hurdles I will face in Rural Hospital, Mississippi. This will probably entail a medical record for the entire state on the network as well. Good thing All Scripts has been started, guess I need to check to see how that is going. Its probably about to go from beta to full blown implementation.....

We got Rayman 2 today. Its pretty fun. Just doesn't seem to flow like the first one though. Maybe it will later on, we only played it for about 4 hours tonight. The bunnies in the real world back drops is rather strange. And there are bunnies EVERYWHERE. There is no way you could shoot them all.

Ok, I have to stop rambling now and head back to bed. Hopefully I won't wake Susan up. If I do, honey I love you!!!!

2 comments:

Cats' Mom said...

Don't be so down, you've made $1765 in a week. May not be as much as you've gotten use to, but pretty darn good!

Susan said...

Wake me up? HA! Good one.

Maybe you can talk Dr. G into letting you keep 2 of the 12 million. That'd take care of everything. Oh wait, that's a different grant. Now I need my own note card. =)