Thursday, February 14, 2008

Vacation

So it was decided today that both Susan and I need a vacation. This was after a 2pm lunch that she and I had together. I have just gotten back from DC where I spent 3 days locked up in a hotel room. We ventured out twice for lunch and each time it was so dang cold it knocked all my thoughts of wandering out to see various sights while on the trip. Susan is just having a lot of work stuff going on. Not so much work work stuff, but stuff that work keeps putting on her. Its just time for a break.

So, of course, my first thought was Disney. All my family knows my love of Disney, and Susan is also very aware. I actually went twice during our short time of dating, yes both times without her. Both trips were planned before I knew she existed. In fact, the first, was right after our first official date. We went to lunch and I was leaving with my parents the next day to head to the House of Mouse. I had already planned the February trip with Amanda and go stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge as well. So 3 months into us dating, I was heading back to Orlando. I would never have thought it would change so much without her there. It was quite a shock and probably when I realized that I truely did love her. All I could think about the whole time was how much I wished she was there with me. But anyway, back on subject. Disney, of course, is way too expensive for us right now. We have taxes due, not to mention we will get back to paying off the house sometime in March or April, so Disney simply isn't an option (it still didn't stop me from pulling up there site and getting a quote before I came to this conclusion).

So the next thought is the beach. This option is still available. It will probably cost a little under 2000, but we could do it. It would be fun and very relaxing and, of course, there is Bob's.

The next option would be to go back to Irmo to see Lauren and Ed and the kids. The kids are great. Edwin doesn't like me much (clearly I stole his Boo from him), but the little one can steal my heart with the simple word "up". It took Ian 2 days to warm up to me, but with those big eyes looking up and the simple word "up", that's all it took. So, that would be a good option as well. We would probably end up flying, which would be in the neighborhood of a 1000 for both of us, that plus food, we would be looking at around 1300.

Tonight, as I can't sleep because I stayed in bed too long this morning....I have thought of a fourth option and the more I think about this, the more I like it. I was thinking we might just could stay at home. Take the 3 days off, take 500 out of the bank, go to the grocery store and let Susan go crazy at the grocery store as only she can and then just watch movies, or whatever. If we want to go somewhere, we go, if she wants to cook, she has that option, if she doesn't want to cook, we go out to eat, if we want a day trip to Memphis, we go on a day trip to Memphis, if we want to get cable or satellite for the occasion, we get cable or satellite. We just do whatever. I'm really liking this plan, and I plan on brining it up to Susan when we both get up in the morning. Maybe she will like it as well.....

Anyway, back to bed, I need to try to get some sleep!!!

1 comment:

BENJI said...

I'm liking the hanging around thing. Too many people at Disney World, and not warm enough for the beach.