Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yep, Its Late

Yep, once again the only time I seem to type on this thing is when its in the middle of the night when I should be asleep but for some reason, I can't.

I know what today's reason is, I can't stop thinking about work. Sad, but true. We had a meeting with AT&T and ITS today about the proposed network. Ok, basically it was Jimmy from ITS and me talking back and forth and enough Dr. Galli to get the idea of what we are trying to accomplish here. The problem is, we don't know what we are trying to accomplish here. We have spread out to 13 sites now, and I don't know where else we are going to go except for Mendenhall and maybe Hardy-Wilson. We shall see. I'm sure there are some little towns down on the coast that we might could go to, but with Gulfport and Biloxi down there, I just don't know.

Anyway, on to life. February 28th is fast approaching and we still haven't heard from Rod the Accountant yet. So it looks like I will just being paying the normal mortgage payment (normal meaning the actual payment, not 3000 extra) and put the rest in the Vanguard account. We will be moving at least 2900 more into the Vanguard account and bring that to just over the 30K mark.

The other thing I decided to do on that front is to go ahead and add a negative 5000 tax liability into February's net worth. I figure I might as well break it down between February, March, and April instead of just everything in April. As a result, we are going to have a really hard time to make a 3 percent increase in our net worth this month. The sad thing is, it appears that Susan's retirement account might actually post a positive gain in the first time in 8 months....We would have had a really nice gain except for the taxes. But what's the use in saying a 5 percent increase in February when it will then show like a 10 percent decrease in April. After I know what the quarterly estimates are, I plan on breaking that down per month and showing that on the liability side of the spreadsheet.....

Anyway, its 1:40am now, I really have to try to go get some sleep.....

1 comment:

BENJI said...

How about you quit posting after midnight! I think that should be a rule.